On Monday, the team announced that Pryor has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a tear in his right latissimus dorsi muscle. The Mariners, who are off Monday, have not yet made a corresponding move, but will do so prior to Tuesday's game against Detroit.
Pryor, 23, pitched in seven of Seattle’s first 14 games, and has not allowed a run in 7.1 innings pitched while striking out 7 and allowing just 3 hits and 1 walk.
The Mariners placed outfielder Michael Saunders on the disabled list week with a shoulder injury, then on Thursday night Michael Morse fracture a bone in his hand when he was hit by a pitch, though Morse was not placed on the disabled list and manager Eric Wedge described the injury as one that would keep the outfielder out for three to seven days. The Mariners also kept Franklin Gutierrez out of the lineup on Saturday and Sunday with tightness in his groin, something that by itself may not sound too concerning, but considering Gutierrez's injury history, that is a situation that Wedge will have to keep an eye on going forward.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.