Mariners put Stephen Pryor on 15-day DL
On Monday, the team announced that Pryor has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a tear in his right latissimus dorsi muscle. The Mariners, who are off Monday, have not yet made a corresponding move, but will do so prior to Tuesday's game against Detroit.
Pryor, 23, pitched in seven of Seattle’s first 14 games, and has not allowed a run in 7.1 innings pitched while striking out 7 and allowing just 3 hits and 1 walk.
The Mariners placed outfielder Michael Saunders on the disabled list week with a shoulder injury, then on Thursday night Michael Morse fracture a bone in his hand when he was hit by a pitch, though Morse was not placed on the disabled list and manager Eric Wedge described the injury as one that would keep the outfielder out for three to seven days. The Mariners also kept Franklin Gutierrez out of the lineup on Saturday and Sunday with tightness in his groin, something that by itself may not sound too concerning, but considering Gutierrez's injury history, that is a situation that Wedge will have to keep an eye on going forward.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.