2 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing
3 cups romaine lettuce torn to pieces
1 cups quartered fresh strawberries
1 cup broccoli stems
1 cup mozzarella cheese cut into cubes or thick slices
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 large boneless chicken breast marinated
2 tsp grape-seed oil
For the marinade:
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
A pinch of turmeric
1/2 tsp grape-seed oil, or your preferred choice of oil.
2 tsp yogurt
Salt as needed
Poke the chicken breast with a fork several times. This is so that the marinade will soak in better. Rub the chicken with all the marinating ingredients and set in a ziploc. Store it in the fridge overnight. Place the chicken into a hot skillet with the grape-seed oil.
Let it cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side until the chicken is browned yet the juices run when it is pressed down. Place it on a cutting board, let it cool and chop it into chunks.
I cooked the red onions and broccoli along with the chicken, as I like them slightly cooked and caramelized. You may add them raw if you prefer.
Add the strawberries, broccoli, lettuce and cheese in a salad bowl. Throw in the chicken and toss it with balsamic vinaigrette. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
More on Myfoodarama.com
Most recent The Dish posts
- Make this now: Larkís John Sundstrom enters dish in national breakfast battle Sep. 23
- This cookbook, scientifically speaking, is a great for the home cook Sep. 16
- Itís fun to mix fruit and fire Sep. 15
- Summerís last hurrah: Take this opportunity to feast on late seasonal produce Sep. 9
- Teach her to make dan dan noodles, feed craving for a lifetime Sep. 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.