Ryu's 'safe streets' bill from 2011 finally gets through Senate
It passed the House but not the Senate. So she tried again this year.
It finally passed the Senate Wednesday in the last hours for bills from the House that aren't related to the state budget to clear the Senate.
The bill was the last policy bill from the House to pass the Senate.
It had support from local governments, from bicycle groups and the Washington AARP.
Ryu is a Democrat representing the 32nd Legislative District, including Lynnwood, part of Mountlake Terrace, south Edmonds, Woodway and nearby unincorporated areas of southwest Snohomish County, Shoreline and part of northwest Seattle.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Lynnwood transportation board reviews options but reaches no consensus Jan. 27
- Sen. Chase wants state protection of insurance shareholders Jan. 26
- State Rep. Stanford heads Legislative Accountability Committee Jan. 22
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.