Ryu's 'safe streets' bill from 2011 finally gets through Senate
It passed the House but not the Senate. So she tried again this year.
It finally passed the Senate Wednesday in the last hours for bills from the House that aren't related to the state budget to clear the Senate.
The bill was the last policy bill from the House to pass the Senate.
It had support from local governments, from bicycle groups and the Washington AARP.
Ryu is a Democrat representing the 32nd Legislative District, including Lynnwood, part of Mountlake Terrace, south Edmonds, Woodway and nearby unincorporated areas of southwest Snohomish County, Shoreline and part of northwest Seattle.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Legislators from 21st District hold telephone town hall Wednesday March 11
- 32nd District Dems to discuss endorsements, presidential nomination Wednesday March 11
- Voting-rights bill passes House; Liias tries to get it to Senate March 9
- Edmonds Council picks planning board member to fill council vacancy March 5
- Stanford says his bill would make college affordable for service members March 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.