It passed the House but not the Senate. So she tried again this year.
It finally passed the Senate Wednesday in the last hours for bills from the House that aren't related to the state budget to clear the Senate.
The bill was the last policy bill from the House to pass the Senate.
It had support from local governments, from bicycle groups and the Washington AARP.
Ryu is a Democrat representing the 32nd Legislative District, including Lynnwood, part of Mountlake Terrace, south Edmonds, Woodway and nearby unincorporated areas of southwest Snohomish County, Shoreline and part of northwest Seattle.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- CORRECTION: charter-review candidates are Republican, not Democrat Sep. 21
- Introductory statement from Alderwood Water incumbent Donna Cross Sep. 17
- Introductory statement from Fire District 1 candidate Erica Ash Sep. 16
- Apology for mistake in introduction of charter-review candidates Sep. 16
- Introductory statement from Lynnwood Council challenger Shannon Sessions Sep. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.