State House barely passes tax package
House Bill 2038 passed 50-47 following nearly three hours of debate. An amendment to send the measure to voters this fall was defeated along the way.
The bill, which is critical to balancing the House budget, now goes to the state Senate where the Republican-dominated majority coalition opposes the measure.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Seahawks fans snap up special license plates Jan. 7
- Survey finds favor among voters for Inslee tax plans Jan. 6
- New license plates aid college students, cancer screening Jan. 2
- Inslee proposes transportation plan with carbon tax Dec. 16
- Inslee outlines plan to pump $2.3 billion into education Dec. 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.