House Bill 2038 passed 50-47 following nearly three hours of debate. An amendment to send the measure to voters this fall was defeated along the way.
The bill, which is critical to balancing the House budget, now goes to the state Senate where the Republican-dominated majority coalition opposes the measure.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Who will Republicans vote for in county executive race? Oct. 1
- They’re talking McCleary again, but that won’t be enough Sep. 24
- House, Senate leaders urge Kelley to resign as auditor Sep. 23
- Eyman turns over bank records, court hearing reset Sep. 17
- State Democrats eager to know who’s taking on Inslee Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.