State House barely passes tax package
House Bill 2038 passed 50-47 following nearly three hours of debate. An amendment to send the measure to voters this fall was defeated along the way.
The bill, which is critical to balancing the House budget, now goes to the state Senate where the Republican-dominated majority coalition opposes the measure.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Colorado lawmakers to (finally) pay off Super Bowl bet March 3
- Two Republicans emerge to challenge DelBene Feb. 27
- Inslee, Dorn drafting fix to retain federal school waiver Feb. 25
- Democrats offer tax plan to boost school funding Feb. 25
- Inslee, Secretary Duncan to discuss federal waiver for schools Feb. 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.