House Bill 2038 passed 50-47 following nearly three hours of debate. An amendment to send the measure to voters this fall was defeated along the way.
The bill, which is critical to balancing the House budget, now goes to the state Senate where the Republican-dominated majority coalition opposes the measure.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
- DelBene filling up coffers as Scott gears up campaign July 22
- Senate suspends I-1351, delays biology test requirement July 9
- Senate GOP, Democrats reach deal that could end session July 8
- Inslee signs 'forward thinking' budget, averts shut down July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.