State House barely passes tax package
House Bill 2038 passed 50-47 following nearly three hours of debate. An amendment to send the measure to voters this fall was defeated along the way.
The bill, which is critical to balancing the House budget, now goes to the state Senate where the Republican-dominated majority coalition opposes the measure.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Outside groups outspend candidates in battle for House seat Oct. 24
- Everett police group asks out of TV ad for I-591 Oct. 23
- State panel limits free meals for lawmakers Oct. 14
- Reports says training, resources needed to prepare for oil train accidents Oct. 1
- Supreme Court: Lawmakers in contempt; no sanctions for now Sep. 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.