Here's what Ed Andrews, the leader, has to stay about it:
"This course is designed to answer questions that a novice hiker or new Mountaineers member may have about how to get out hiking. Learn from experienced hikers what to put in your pack and how to dress for comfort and safety. We will discuss clothing, boots, packs, the Ten Essentials, seasonal trail hazards, where to shop for equipment and how to research your trips."
The class is on Monday, May 20. It's free, but you do need to register, and there are a limited number of spots. Registration opens on May 1. Find all the details, including how to register, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
- Celebrate anniversary of historic Everest climb Sep. 14
- Updated hiking guide to Snohomish County available for free Sep. 11
- All fourth graders can get free pass to national parks, other federal lands Sep. 8
- New baby orca spotted with L-Pod in Strait of Juan de Fuca Sep. 8
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.