Here's what Ed Andrews, the leader, has to stay about it:
"This course is designed to answer questions that a novice hiker or new Mountaineers member may have about how to get out hiking. Learn from experienced hikers what to put in your pack and how to dress for comfort and safety. We will discuss clothing, boots, packs, the Ten Essentials, seasonal trail hazards, where to shop for equipment and how to research your trips."
The class is on Monday, May 20. It's free, but you do need to register, and there are a limited number of spots. Registration opens on May 1. Find all the details, including how to register, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Edmonds endurance hiker went off trail to train for record-setting hike Nov. 25
- Stevens Pass purchases snow maker for base area Nov. 24
- Tips to stay safe while playing outside in winter Nov. 20
- Storm damaged many national forest trails and roads Nov. 20
- Mount Baker Ski Area to open on Thursday Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.