Learn the basics of hiking in free seminar
Here's what Ed Andrews, the leader, has to stay about it:
"This course is designed to answer questions that a novice hiker or new Mountaineers member may have about how to get out hiking. Learn from experienced hikers what to put in your pack and how to dress for comfort and safety. We will discuss clothing, boots, packs, the Ten Essentials, seasonal trail hazards, where to shop for equipment and how to research your trips."
The class is on Monday, May 20. It's free, but you do need to register, and there are a limited number of spots. Registration opens on May 1. Find all the details, including how to register, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Weekend reading: The Pacific Crest Trail March 8
- Upcoming events to support Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue Team March 7
- Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Sammamish, learn about wildlife March 5
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.