Seahawks trying to pull another Sweezy
With Smith, the Seahawks are hoping to replicate the success they had moving J.R. Sweezy to the offensive line last year. Like Sweezy, Smith got a visit from Seattle O-line coach Tom Cable, who worked him out and asked him if he'd be willing to try playing guard.
Smith said he was nervous about the idea of moving, but that he trusts Cable, in large part because of the success Sweezy had last year. In fact, Smith said he and Sweezy worked out together in the offseason and have become good friends.
We should be hearing from Pete Carroll and John Schneider soon, so I'll post some quotes in a bit.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Carroll says Lynch should be ready to go on a short week and other notes from his Monday press conference Nov. 24
- Seahawks learn to trust, Carroll on officiating, other Monday links Nov. 24
- Earl Thomas and Doug Baldwin on the Seahawks learning to trust each other Nov. 23
- Seahawks postgame injury update Nov. 23
- Seahawks-Cardinals game thread Nov. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.