With Smith, the Seahawks are hoping to replicate the success they had moving J.R. Sweezy to the offensive line last year. Like Sweezy, Smith got a visit from Seattle O-line coach Tom Cable, who worked him out and asked him if he'd be willing to try playing guard.
Smith said he was nervous about the idea of moving, but that he trusts Cable, in large part because of the success Sweezy had last year. In fact, Smith said he and Sweezy worked out together in the offseason and have become good friends.
We should be hearing from Pete Carroll and John Schneider soon, so I'll post some quotes in a bit.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.