Good thing we all stopped trying to understand John Schneider and Pete Carroll's draft methods a while back.
With pick No. 194, the Seahawks took LSU running back Spencer Ware, adding to a position group that already includes Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, and this year's second-round pick, Christine Michael.
But the fact that Ware weighs 229 pounds and ran in the 4.6s makes you wonder if maybe the Seahawks didn't draft him as a running back as much as a fullback. Ware played some fullback at LSU, and when you add to that the fact that Michael Robinson is in the final year of his contract, which pays him $2.5 million, none of which is guaranteed, and it's entirely possible the Seahawks are looking at Ware as a fullback.
We'll find out more when we talk to Carroll and Schneider after the draft.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.