Good thing we all stopped trying to understand John Schneider and Pete Carroll's draft methods a while back.
With pick No. 194, the Seahawks took LSU running back Spencer Ware, adding to a position group that already includes Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, and this year's second-round pick, Christine Michael.
But the fact that Ware weighs 229 pounds and ran in the 4.6s makes you wonder if maybe the Seahawks didn't draft him as a running back as much as a fullback. Ware played some fullback at LSU, and when you add to that the fact that Michael Robinson is in the final year of his contract, which pays him $2.5 million, none of which is guaranteed, and it's entirely possible the Seahawks are looking at Ware as a fullback.
We'll find out more when we talk to Carroll and Schneider after the draft.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Offensive line under the microscope on eve of Seahawks preseason finale (updated) Sep. 2
- Fred Jackson and more: notes from Pete Carroll's press conference Sep. 1
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
- Jeanpierre cut, Norwood traded as Seahawks get down to 75 (updated) Aug. 31
- Reader poll: whither Kam Chancellor? Aug. 31
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.