A fun math game for preschoolers
All you need are two divided plates and game pieces. My daughter and I use square inch tiles, but beans, peas or cereal would work too.
First mom or dad makes dinner on one plate, and then the kid makes an exact copy. Easy, right? Nobody even needs to mention the word “math”!
But if you were to think about learning objectives, “Make Me Dinner” incorporates quantity visualization, counting and matching. Those are all important math skills that will help prepare kids for Kindergarten.
If you are interested in more math ideas for preschoolers, please check out Math for Two and Three Year Olds.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Putting the inmates ... er, kids to work Jan. 25
- Trying to survive the family festival of winter sickness Jan. 18
- Treasurer’s job is so much harder than just counting pennies Jan. 11
- Becoming a published author takes perseverance Jan. 4
- Suffering from EADD — Exercise Attention Deficit Disorder Dec. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.