If you're heading out to play in the mountains anytime soon, you're going to want to check out the Northwest Weather and Avalanche Center's website.
They have special alerts in affect after some areas in the Cascades received up to 2 feet of snow.
Avalanche risk is high in many areas today, and could be an issue throughout the weekend. If you're going to go play in the snow, be sure the read the website first and, if in doubt, try again another day.
Also, the Washington Trails Association has a useful post on finding safe places to hike.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
- Celebrate anniversary of historic Everest climb Sep. 14
- Updated hiking guide to Snohomish County available for free Sep. 11
- All fourth graders can get free pass to national parks, other federal lands Sep. 8
- New baby orca spotted with L-Pod in Strait of Juan de Fuca Sep. 8
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.