The fire was reported about 4:50 a.m. in the 23000 block of 213th Avenue SE, about halfway between Monroe and Duvall.
The 2,700-square-foot house was about 10 miles from fire hydrants, so crews had to truck in water to fight the fire, Monroe Fire Marshal Mike Fitzgerald said.
Crews remained on scene into the afternoon working on hot spots, Assistant Fire Chief Steve Guptill said.
People who lived at the home were out of state at the time, Fitzgerald said. The cause of the fire wasn’t immediately known.
The 911 calls came from residents about two miles away in the Tualco Valley area.
Crews also responded from Duvall, Sultan and Lake Roesiger.
View Monroe house fire, 5-2-13 in a larger map
More Local News Headlines
Lake Stevens man gets 71 years for 3-city shooting spree 5:19 p.m. Index Town Council candidate losing one race, winning another as a write-in Shoplifting suspects in Monroe return for milk, get busted Council OKs county budget; tax collection for courthouse to continue Man burned in duplex fire caused by candle 5:38 p.m. Herald reporter awarded for ‘compelling’ mental health story Part of Bothell-Everett Highway closed while police check out gunshot 5:12 p.m. Students, Rotary bring Thanksgiving meals to Everett’s needy
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.