The fire was reported about 4:50 a.m. in the 23000 block of 213th Avenue SE, about halfway between Monroe and Duvall.
The 2,700-square-foot house was about 10 miles from fire hydrants, so crews had to truck in water to fight the fire, Monroe Fire Marshal Mike Fitzgerald said.
Crews remained on scene into the afternoon working on hot spots, Assistant Fire Chief Steve Guptill said.
People who lived at the home were out of state at the time, Fitzgerald said. The cause of the fire wasn’t immediately known.
The 911 calls came from residents about two miles away in the Tualco Valley area.
Crews also responded from Duvall, Sultan and Lake Roesiger.
View Monroe house fire, 5-2-13 in a larger map
More Local News Headlines
Video captures collapse at Big Four Ice Caves near Granite Falls 2:12 p.m. Options considered to restore grizzly bear population to county Feds approve PUD's two small hydroelectricity projects Everett schools expand summer reading program Mukilteo ferry terminal construction crews begin asbestos removal WWII veteran from Arlington reflects on his fight for freedom School bus barn work begins on 15-acre spot in Lynnwood Front Porch: Island County seeks applicants
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.