The class will answer questions that a new hiker would have about how to get out on the trails. Experienced hikers will offer advice on what to put in your pack and how to dress for comfort and safety.
The instructors will discuss clothing, boots, packs, the 10 essentials you should always carry, seasonal trail hazards, where to shop for equipment and how to research trips.
The seminar is free, but you do need to register. It will be held at the Snohomish County PUD building, 2320 California St., Everett,
Find more information about the class, including how to register, at the Everett Mountaineers at everettmountaineers.org.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.