The class will answer questions that a new hiker would have about how to get out on the trails. Experienced hikers will offer advice on what to put in your pack and how to dress for comfort and safety.
The instructors will discuss clothing, boots, packs, the 10 essentials you should always carry, seasonal trail hazards, where to shop for equipment and how to research trips.
The seminar is free, but you do need to register. It will be held at the Snohomish County PUD building, 2320 California St., Everett,
Find more information about the class, including how to register, at the Everett Mountaineers at everettmountaineers.org.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Edmonds endurance hiker went off trail to train for record-setting hike Nov. 25
- Stevens Pass purchases snow maker for base area Nov. 24
- Tips to stay safe while playing outside in winter Nov. 20
- Storm damaged many national forest trails and roads Nov. 20
- Mount Baker Ski Area to open on Thursday Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.