The class will answer questions that a new hiker would have about how to get out on the trails. Experienced hikers will offer advice on what to put in your pack and how to dress for comfort and safety.
The instructors will discuss clothing, boots, packs, the 10 essentials you should always carry, seasonal trail hazards, where to shop for equipment and how to research trips.
The seminar is free, but you do need to register. It will be held at the Snohomish County PUD building, 2320 California St., Everett,
Find more information about the class, including how to register, at the Everett Mountaineers at everettmountaineers.org.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
- State parks, national parks, forest service sites will be free on Saturday Sep. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.