Seahawks waive TE/pro basketball player Darren Fells
Well that experiment is now over, with the Seahawks waiving Fells Wednesday. The move hardly comes as a big surprise--despite being an athletic big man on the court, Fells had not played football in a long, long time, and his signing was not the type of move that said, "We found a solution to a need at tight end," but rather if anything a move that said, "We see an athletic tight end as a need, and while we signed a long-shot in March, we'll probably draft at that position in April." And the Seahawks did just that, adding tight end Luke Willson in the fifth round.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: "it's on us to see it." Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits "it's going to be a big challenge" sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
- Seahawks Super Bowl practice report for Wednesday Jan. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.