Seahawks waive TE/pro basketball player Darren Fells
Well that experiment is now over, with the Seahawks waiving Fells Wednesday. The move hardly comes as a big surprise--despite being an athletic big man on the court, Fells had not played football in a long, long time, and his signing was not the type of move that said, "We found a solution to a need at tight end," but rather if anything a move that said, "We see an athletic tight end as a need, and while we signed a long-shot in March, we'll probably draft at that position in April." And the Seahawks did just that, adding tight end Luke Willson in the fifth round.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign DT Ahtyba Rubin March 19
- Seahawks re-sign DT D'Anthony Smith, Tony Moeaki to Falcons and Tarvaris Jackson visiting Miami March 19
- Two potential Seahawks DE targets signing elsewhere March 18
- Seahawks say no truth to report that Michael Bennett wants a trade March 17
- Report: Seahawks DE Michael Bennett seeking trade March 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.