Well that experiment is now over, with the Seahawks waiving Fells Wednesday. The move hardly comes as a big surprise--despite being an athletic big man on the court, Fells had not played football in a long, long time, and his signing was not the type of move that said, "We found a solution to a need at tight end," but rather if anything a move that said, "We see an athletic tight end as a need, and while we signed a long-shot in March, we'll probably draft at that position in April." And the Seahawks did just that, adding tight end Luke Willson in the fifth round.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks vs. Cardinals injury report, Lynch questionable Nov. 13
- Seahawks will have their hands full with the Arizona blitz Nov. 12
- The long, crazy road to recovery for Seahawks CB Jeremy Lane Nov. 11
- Seahawks WR Ricardo Lockette ignores injury, aids homeless Nov. 11
- Monday report: Ricardo Lockette on his way back to Seattle Nov. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.