Well that experiment is now over, with the Seahawks waiving Fells Wednesday. The move hardly comes as a big surprise--despite being an athletic big man on the court, Fells had not played football in a long, long time, and his signing was not the type of move that said, "We found a solution to a need at tight end," but rather if anything a move that said, "We see an athletic tight end as a need, and while we signed a long-shot in March, we'll probably draft at that position in April." And the Seahawks did just that, adding tight end Luke Willson in the fifth round.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.