Prime orca-watching season starts soon
On my list: Finally see an orca in the wild.
The prime season for whale watching in the San Juans starts soon. The San Juan Islands Visitors Bureau has a list of whale watch operators that's worth checking out if you'd like to plan your own trip.
Also, if you're lucky, you can also spot the whales from Lime Kiln Point.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- North Cascades Highway could open by April 2 March 27
- Kayakers will get rare chance to play on Sultan River in late April March 24
- Sometimes, it's good to suffer on a hike March 24
- Mount Rainier National Park announces planned opening dates March 24
- DNR to boost recreation opportunities near Snoqualmie Pass March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.