On my list: Finally see an orca in the wild.
The prime season for whale watching in the San Juans starts soon. The San Juan Islands Visitors Bureau has a list of whale watch operators that's worth checking out if you'd like to plan your own trip.
Also, if you're lucky, you can also spot the whales from Lime Kiln Point.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.