Links: Nobach, coaching candidate, Wenatchee
- This is a day late, but in case you missed it, we had a feature on Tips draft pick and Stanwood resident Connor Nobach in Tuesday's paper. Everett still hasn't had a Snohomish County resident play for the team, and the defenseman is looking to change that. We're starting to see locals picked in the bantam draft on a semi-regular basis, and there's no doubt the arrival of the Silvertips in 2003 is directly responsible for that.
- A tip of the cap to Cameron Walters for alerting me to this, as a new name has surfaced in Everett's coach search. The Edmonton Journal is reporting that Edmonton Oil Kings assistant coach Steve Hamilton is rumored to be interested in Everett's vacant head coaching job. It's noteworthy that Portland assistant coach Travis Green, who's generated the most buzz as a possible candidate, is mentioned in the story as well.
- The biggest junior hockey team in the state of Washington (by far) that's not in the WHL has been the NAHL's Wenatchee Wild. Well, as of now the Wild are no more. The team had been looking to switch to the BCHL, but instead the franchise is pulling up stakes and relocating to Texas. So disappointing news for the state's hockey community.
Most recent Silvertips blog posts
- Everett vs. Vancouver lineup notes, Malenica reassigned Dec. 27
- The second half is starting Dec. 27
- The second half is about to begin Dec. 26
- Thoughts on the first half Dec. 24
- Midseason prospect report Dec. 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.