Gear up expo coming to Everett
Gear Up will feature, of course, lots of outdoors gear for sale. But there will also be speakers, photography workshops, movies, a climbing wall and a beer and wine garden. You can also talk to providers of outdoor trips.
I'm pretty excited about some of the speakers. Jim Whittaker, who seems to be every where this year, what with the anniversary of the first American to climb Mount Everest, will be speaking.
Speakers on picking the perfect hike, planning a safe hiking trip, smart packing for backpacking and Pacific Northwest Mountaineering all caught my interest as useful and practical. And then there are some talks to get you dreaming big, such as Machu Picchu and Beyond and adventures in New Zealand.
Tickets are $10, but you can get a $2 off coupon on their Facebook page.
Find out more at the website.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 3
- Audubon butterfly app is free today Feb. 28
- Video: 'We're throwing a bomb out of a moving helicopter' Feb. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.