Gear Up will feature, of course, lots of outdoors gear for sale. But there will also be speakers, photography workshops, movies, a climbing wall and a beer and wine garden. You can also talk to providers of outdoor trips.
I'm pretty excited about some of the speakers. Jim Whittaker, who seems to be every where this year, what with the anniversary of the first American to climb Mount Everest, will be speaking.
Speakers on picking the perfect hike, planning a safe hiking trip, smart packing for backpacking and Pacific Northwest Mountaineering all caught my interest as useful and practical. And then there are some talks to get you dreaming big, such as Machu Picchu and Beyond and adventures in New Zealand.
Tickets are $10, but you can get a $2 off coupon on their Facebook page.
Find out more at the website.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.