Specialty plates featuring logos of the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders FC will go on sale this January under a bill signed into law today by Gov. Jay Inslee.
Senate Bill 5152 creates specialty license plates for two of the state's most popular pro sport franchises.
Each set will cost $40 which includes fees for the Department of Licensing to set up and administer the program. Plate renewals will cost $30.
Some of the proceeds from plate sales will go to InvestED, a nonprofit group which partners with secondary schools to help students acquire small items for school they cannot afford on their own.
Another batch will go to Washington State Mentors, which works to expand youth mentoring programs statewide. Owen is the chairman of the Board of Directors.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- PDC won't act on GOP complaint against Inslee campaign July 23
- DelBene filling up coffers as Scott gears up campaign July 22
- Senate suspends I-1351, delays biology test requirement July 9
- Senate GOP, Democrats reach deal that could end session July 8
- Inslee signs 'forward thinking' budget, averts shut down July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.