The details, from the DNR:
When: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
What: Volunteers will work on ATV trails. Bring your ATV and trailer to haul rock. We will also have opportunities to use powered wheel barrows, install signs, and other activities to build trails.
Bring: Water, snacks, gloves, long pants, lunch, and appropriate gear for the weather.
Directions: Meet at the gate on Deer Flats Mainline Road. Directions: From Gold Bar, head east on State Highway 2. Turn left on Reiter Road just outside of Gold Bar. Drive 1 mile and stay to the right at the 'Y' in the road. Continue on Reiter Road for another 3.1 miles. As you approach the 3.2 mile mark, you will be turning left onto a DNR forest road (commonly known as Deer Flats Road). As you approach the turn, there will be a tree with two bright orange painted dots, an arrow painted on the road with a big 'R,' and a DNR sign that says "Entering Reiter Foothills Forest."
If that doesn't work out for you, check out other opportunities from the DNR here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
- State parks, national parks, forest service sites will be free on Saturday Sep. 23
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.