Fire destroys slides at Everett's Garfield Park
The fire was reported just after midnight at the Garfield Park playground at 2300 Walnut Street, Everett Assistant Fire Marshal Eric Hicks said.
No one was hurt, he said. The fire destroyed two plastic slides.
"Those were totally consumed by fire and melted to a goo," he said.
Part of the park was closed off Sunday for safety reasons. Damage was estimated at $10,000.
Everett police detained several young people at the scene who later were released, a department spokesman said.
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.