Seahawks QB Portis arrested on suspicion of DUI
According to the Washington State Patrol arrest report, Portis was pulled over for driving 80 MPH on eastbound I-90 on the night of May 5. According to the report, the officer "smelled a strong odor of intoxicants" coming from the vehicle, and that Portis said he had not been drinking. Portis declined to take a breath test, and was arrested and was arrested and transported to WSP headquarters in Bellevue. There, Portis consented to a breath test, and registered readings of .092 and .078.
Portis, who spent the 2011 season on Seattle's 53-man roster, spent most of last season on the practice squad before being released in November. He was re-signed this offseason to compete for Seattle's vacant backup QB job. Portis was present for Seattle's OTA Monday.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks injury updates: Okung and Unger won't play, but Sweezy will Dec. 19
- Seahawks sign DE Cliff Avril to a four-year contract extension Dec. 19
- Seahawks Thursday injury report: three of five starting linemen still sitting out Dec. 18
- K.J. Wright on new contract with Seahawks: 'this just feels like home.' Dec. 18
- Seahawks sign LB Wright to four-year extension Dec. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.