Seahawks QB Portis arrested on suspicion of DUI
According to the Washington State Patrol arrest report, Portis was pulled over for driving 80 MPH on eastbound I-90 on the night of May 5. According to the report, the officer "smelled a strong odor of intoxicants" coming from the vehicle, and that Portis said he had not been drinking. Portis declined to take a breath test, and was arrested and was arrested and transported to WSP headquarters in Bellevue. There, Portis consented to a breath test, and registered readings of .092 and .078.
Portis, who spent the 2011 season on Seattle's 53-man roster, spent most of last season on the practice squad before being released in November. He was re-signed this offseason to compete for Seattle's vacant backup QB job. Portis was present for Seattle's OTA Monday.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks to honor Marysville Pilchuck High School during Sunday's game Oct. 31
- Kam Chancellor, Russell Okung and Max Unger all game-day decisions for Seahawks Oct. 31
- Seahawks-Raiders Thursday injury report Oct. 30
- Did you hear the one about Russell Wilson and World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner being roommates? Oct. 30
- A few thoughts on former Sounder Steve Zakuani retiring far too soon Oct. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.