Recent rain and snow has made storm slab avalanches possible, especially in the central and south Cascades.
If you're heading out to play in the snow this weekend, check the report and be aware of the snowpack. If in doubt, go find somewhere else to play.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.