Recent rain and snow has made storm slab avalanches possible, especially in the central and south Cascades.
If you're heading out to play in the snow this weekend, check the report and be aware of the snowpack. If in doubt, go find somewhere else to play.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.