Avalanche danger is high, be careful out there
Recent rain and snow has made storm slab avalanches possible, especially in the central and south Cascades.
If you're heading out to play in the snow this weekend, check the report and be aware of the snowpack. If in doubt, go find somewhere else to play.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Wildlife up close, fishing meeting, eagle fest, and more outdoor events Jan. 30
- Learn about Puget Sound while helping to protect its waters Jan. 28
- Staircase Rapids: Easy hike along a charming river Jan. 20
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.