So I'm always looking for a good place to stop for dinner on the way home.
I'm not the only one. Here are three lists I've found of places to refuel after a hard day's work on the trail.
Seattle Mountaineers scramble dining guide: This is a great list. It has a long collection of recommendations, divided by region. Scroll down for quotes describing each place, which give you an brief idea of what to expect, or quick tips on what's good on the menu. This list is compiled by a Mountaineers volunteer and is in its sixth edition.
NWhikers.net: This hiking forum has an ongoing discussion about the best places to eat. The post is set up as a wiki, so anyone can edit it to add their suggestions. And there's also a continuing discussion/debate about the merits of various locations in the comments.
WTA's dining guide: This list is old, from 2006, but it could get you started looking for somewhere tasty.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Worst wildfire weather of season for this weekend July 31
- Enjoy a low-key family weekend at Buck Creek Campground July 26
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.