Drivers should also be prepared to back up or pull over to avoid heavy truck traffic on the narrow, winding one-way roads.
Here's the information from the Forest Service.
Mountain Loop Highway travel corridor
Call the Darrington Ranger District at 360-436-1155 for more information.
- Dan's Creek Road (road 24) two miles east of Darrington from Sauk Prairie Road to Forest Service road 22: Heavy truck traffic.
- Forest Service Road 2430 from mile 2 to the road end: Heavy truck traffic.
- Forest Service road 22 from Forest Service road 24 to the intersection of Forest Service road 2420: Heavy truck traffic.
- Forest Service road 2420 is closed two miles from Forest Service road 22: Heavy truck traffic.
Call the Skykomish Ranger District office at 360-677-2414 for more information.
- Forest Service road 6066 Beckler Peak Road (road 6066), five miles northeast of Skykomish and accesses Jenifer Dunn Trailhead: Heavy truck traffic and delays weekdays at milepost 0.0 to 2.5.
- Beckler River Road (road 65), one mile northeast of Skykomish: Heavy truck traffic and delays of up to two hours Mondays through noon Fridays.
- Johnson Ridge Road (road 6520), 8.1 miles northeast of Skykomish and accesses Johnson Ridge Trailhead: Heavy truck traffic and delays of up to two hours Mondays through noon Fridays.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.