Where to expect logging traffic on forest roads
Drivers should also be prepared to back up or pull over to avoid heavy truck traffic on the narrow, winding one-way roads.
Here's the information from the Forest Service.
Mountain Loop Highway travel corridor
Call the Darrington Ranger District at 360-436-1155 for more information.
- Dan's Creek Road (road 24) two miles east of Darrington from Sauk Prairie Road to Forest Service road 22: Heavy truck traffic.
- Forest Service Road 2430 from mile 2 to the road end: Heavy truck traffic.
- Forest Service road 22 from Forest Service road 24 to the intersection of Forest Service road 2420: Heavy truck traffic.
- Forest Service road 2420 is closed two miles from Forest Service road 22: Heavy truck traffic.
Call the Skykomish Ranger District office at 360-677-2414 for more information.
- Forest Service road 6066 Beckler Peak Road (road 6066), five miles northeast of Skykomish and accesses Jenifer Dunn Trailhead: Heavy truck traffic and delays weekdays at milepost 0.0 to 2.5.
- Beckler River Road (road 65), one mile northeast of Skykomish: Heavy truck traffic and delays of up to two hours Mondays through noon Fridays.
- Johnson Ridge Road (road 6520), 8.1 miles northeast of Skykomish and accesses Johnson Ridge Trailhead: Heavy truck traffic and delays of up to two hours Mondays through noon Fridays.
Most recent Explore NW posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.