Seahawks bringing Tarvaris Jackson in for a visit
Well the Seahawks seem to at least be entertaining that idea, because Jackson is expected to come to Seattle for a visit this week.
The fact that the Seahawks are brining Jackson in would seem to indicate that they are serious about signing him, presumably to compete with Brady Quinn for the backup job. GM John Schneider, coach Pete Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell all know Jackson well, both as a person and a player, so it's not as if they need to interview him or work him out to see what he's made of. If anything, this meeting could be for Jackson to decide if he wants to come to Seattle to be a backup, or if he wants to wait and see what other options might be out there that give him a better path to playing time.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.