Report: Seahawks expected to sign Tarvaris Jackson
Now, it appears a deal will be done to bring Jackson in to compete for the backup job. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Wednesday morning that Jackson is expected to sign a one-year deal with Seattle.
Former Bills QB Tarvaris Jackson expected to sign a one-year deal with Seattle, where he once was Seahawks' captain.That's a move that not only will potentially upgrade the Seahawks at backup quarterback, but that will also go over very well in the locker room. Jackson was well thought of enough to be named Seattle's offensive captain not long after joining the team in 2011, and he earned tremendous respect from his teammates when he played most of the season with a partially torn pectoral muscle.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 12, 2013
The Seahawks have the second practice of a mandatory minicamp this afternoon, so we should have more on this later in the day.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Dempsey on Letterman, Sherman in the top 10, Seahawks set for the future and other Thursday links July 10
- Seahawks season tickets sold out. So is the waiting list July 9
- Russell Wilson on race and a few other Wednesday links July 9
- Naked Marshawn Lynch hits the newsstand and other Seahawks links July 8
- Kyle Seager calls All-Star selection a “dream come true” July 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.