Registration began June 1. The program is open to those age 17 and older and will run through August 31.
Visit a local branch library to register and pick up a book log. More information about the challenge is on epls.org/asr. Don't forget about the prizes!
- After reading your first book, you are eligible to receive a peat pot with seeds
- After reading your third book, you are eligible to receive a 2 for 1 coupon for Bookend Coffee Co.
- After reading your fifth book, you are eligible to receive a Friends of the Library key chain or a "I read between the covers" window cling
- After reading your seventh book, you are eligible to receive a Friends of the Library tote bag.
- $25 gift certificate to Sno-Isle Food Co-Op
- $25 gift certificate to Schack Art Center
- $25 gift certificate to Wicked Cellars (You must be 21 or over for this prize option)
- $25 gift certificate to J. Matheson
But that's not all. Be sure to mark your calendar to attend a program. There are two designed with the Groundbreaking theme in mind which are free and at the Main Library:
Unearthing Kimberly Clark: 2 p.m. on Saturday, June 15th As it was being demolished the Kimberly-Clark plant was often described as the last vestige of Everett's smokestack heritage. But centered in the very heart of the city's bay front industrial corridor, the site has connections stretching all the way back to the region's tribal past, the earliest peninsular homesteads and the coming of the railroad. Everett Public Library historian David Dilgard will take us on an exploration of pictures and maps that reveal the many-faceted story of this key spot in the life of "The City of Smokestacks."
Getting the Dirt on Dirt: 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 22nd All dirt is not created equal. Learn what it takes to maximize the growth potential of your soil. Master Gardener Sandy DeLisle will show you how to create compost from yard or food waste. One lucky participant will take home the demonstration worm bin.
Sponsors for the 2013 adult summer reading challenge include: Friends of the Library, and Bookend Coffee Company.
Dig Into Reading today!
Be sure to visit A Reading Life for more reviews and news of all things happening at the Everett Public Library.
Most recent A Reading Life posts
- Spot-Lit for November 2015 Nov. 2
- Rise of the machines Oct. 27
- You dirty panda Oct. 22
- OMG read this! Or, 5 reasons to read the book first Oct. 19
- Best music of 2015 part deux Oct. 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.