The Seattle girl was fatally shot June 1 while celebrating her 15th birthday with a visit to friends in Lake Stevens. No arrests have been made, nor have police discussed why they believe the teen was killed in an apparent drive-by shooting.
Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound on Monday began distributing a poster about the case, seeking tips. (See attached PDF.) They urge anyone with information to call 1-800-222-TIPS or the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office tip line at 425-388-3845.
An estimated 300 people attended a march in Molly's memory on Monday in Lake Stevens, said Tom Thorleifson, a commander with the Lake Stevens American Legion Post 181.
As they have done for years in major cases, Crime Stoppers is offering up to a $1,000 cash reward. Meanwhile, Post 181 has raised $9,000 as of early Tuesday morning, including $2,000 from the city of Lake Stevens.
Others have talked with officials about pledging additional reward money, bringing the potential total to around $30,000.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Police may have found thieves who took large sums of cash July 23
- Marijuana-growing operation in Lynnwood raided again July 23
- Edmonds residents warned of neighboring rapist July 22
- Motorcyclist killed, two hurt in crash south of Everett July 22
- Police issue updated description of indecent exposure suspect July 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.