The shooting was reported about 7:45 p.m. in the 15200 block of Meadow Road, north of Martha Lake.
At the time, Snohomish County sheriff's deputies were responding to a report of someone violating a court order, according to police.
A confrontation broke out and the man was shot, said Aaron Snell, a spokesman for the Snohomish County Multiple Agency Response Team, which investigates officer-involved shootings. No officers were injured.
Detectives remained on scene as of 9:45 p.m.
The man was 46, Snell said. He was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where he died.
Additional details were not made public Wednesday evening.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Social media iPhone prank ties up local 911 call centers July 2
- Marysville bicyclist dies of injuries from collision with car June 30
- Three shot after argument in fast-food parking lot in Everett June 29
- Kenmore man drowns in Snohomish River June 29
- Delayed emergency dispatch software to go live in October June 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.