Democrats endorse candidates in south Snohomish County
Ryan is running for the County Council position that incumbent Dave Gossett is leaving because of term limits.
Gough faces challenges in the August primary from City Councilmen Mark Smith and Loren Simmonds and from Edmonds Community College administrator Nicola Smith. Boyer faces challengers James Robert Deal and Michael Moor. In both cases, the top two vote-getters in the primary advance to the November general election.
Fraley-Monillas faces former Councilman Ron Wambolt in November.
The County Democrats made no other endorsements for south Snohomish County offices. County Democratic Chairman Richard Wright said Thursday that no candidates had sought endorsements for other positions but said that the Democrats would hold one more round of endorsements before the primary and at least one between the primary and November.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Introductory statements from State Rep. Ruth Kagi, Republican challenger July 8
- State Rep. Ortiz-Self, challengers talk state support for schools July 7
- Statements on education from candidates for open 21st District seat July 3
- Monday deadline to register to vote in primary election July 1
- Introductory statements from State Sen. Maralyn Chase, challengers June 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.